With increasing age, it is possible to experience sagging and extra skin around neck area as well as face area. This causes the angle between neck and chin to disappear. In case of weight gain, in addition to sagging around neck area, double chin can occur. Neck and double chin aesthetic is often preferred by individuals above 50 years old and this operation helps eliminating these types of problems.
Signs of aging are first felt around neck region. This region can be deformed due to genetic properties and fast weight gaining and losing. Especially individuals with small chin can have double chin and sagging can occur at earlier ages. Neck and double chin operations in Turkey can be operated simultaneously with face lift or separately. Neck lift aesthetic can give you 5-15 years younger look.
How is neck and double chin aesthetic operated?
For patients between 30-10 years old, laser lipolysis and classical liposuction methods are preferred. For patients above 50 years old, neck lift is preferred.
Neck and double chin lift with laser lipolysis: Without harming veins, nerves and tissues, fat is removed by using a hole with 1 millimetre size. This operation will provide significant tightening. This operation can be applied under local anaesthesia and recovery is short. With laser lipolysis, there is no post-operative effects like pain, bleeding, bruising or oedema after neck and double chin operations. There will not be any marks, deformation, bulging, cavitation or waving in this region.
Neck and double chin lift with liposuction: This operation is preferred in case of deformation due to fat accumulation. This is applied to young-middle ages patients if there is no excessive sagging. Fat accumulated under the skin is removed with thin cannula. This could be applied with vaser liposuction to classical liposuction alternatives.
Classic neck and double chin lift This is applied under general anaesthesia. By cutting from front part of the ear to back part of the ear lobe and ear, face and neck skin is released. After hanging soft tissues with sutures, excess skin is cut and removed. Drains are placed behind the ear to prevent fluid accumulation. If there is both double chin and fat accumulation, fat problem is solved with liposuction. Later, vertical bands in neck region are released with 3-4 cm horizontal cuts from under the chin. Later, these are sutured together and internal corset is made in neck region. Since this operation involves intervention to other regions, it can take up to 5-7 hours.
Will there be mark after classical neck and double chin?
With advanced technology, dressing materials and suturing techniques to minimise marks are used. Since these surgical cuts follow natural curves and hidden by hair skin, there is no visible mark. But complications such as bleeding, infection and skin loss after operation might lead to bad marks.
Are operation results permanent
Neck and double chin lift operations have clear and satisfactory results in plastic surgery. This operation has long effect and this effect can be increased with weight control.
Things to consider after neck and double chin lifting aesthetic
- Drains placed during the operations are removed 1 day after the operation. Therefore, 1 day hospitalisation is necessary. After drains are removed, patients can be discharged.
- Bruises and oedema during operation will disappear in 15 days. Ice compress application can decrease recovery period and help decreasing oedema and bruises.
- Dying hair is forbidden for 1 month after the operation.
- Patients can have shower 2 days after the operation.
- Numbness around face and neck for couple of weeks is normal.
- Gentle motions when combing hair or applying make-up are recommended.
- Patients should avoid sexual relationship for 2 weeks and avoid physically demanding jobs.
- Sauna and solarium is forbidden for the next couple of months.
- Patients should avoid consuming alcohol for the first couple of months.
- For the first 6 months, patients must regularly use sunscreen.
- Patients need to rest for 2 weeks before going back to work.