Is the idea of a whiter than white smile catching on in your mind? We can offer you a dental whitening service.
THE FIRST STEP: THE DENTAL EXAMINATION
Before we whiten your teeth, we need to find the cause of the color change. We must also make sure that your oral condition allows such treatment to be carried out, that your enamel will be receptive and that the results will meet your expectations.
Finally, the bleaching is carried out on a tooth free from decay and clean. We may, therefore, have to carry out professional cleaning a few weeks before starting the procedure.
HOW DO WE BRIGHTEN TEETH?
The active ingredient used in bleaching is hydrogen peroxide or carbamide. This compound attacks and breaks up the dark molecules that are inside the enamel.
The peroxide concentration varies depending on the procedure chosen. The higher the content of active agents, the shorter the exposure, and vice versa.
THE DIFFERENT APPROACHES
This procedure begins with the application of a protective gel to the gum to prevent irritation. Next, the bleach is applied in successive layers. Each application is followed by exposure to heat or a light source. The duration of treatment is approximately one hour.
The results are immediate and touch-ups will be necessary after a few months. This procedure can also be followed by home treatment supervised by the dentist.
To use this system, we must first take your dental impressions in order to make your personalized whitening trays.
At home, you need to fill your gutters with whitening gel and keep them in the mouth for a predetermined period. A few hours daily, or overnight. Treatment usually takes place over a period of 2 weeks.
Your smile will gradually lighten. As you keep your gutters and the peroxide gel, you will be able to make ad hoc adjustments.
POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE UNDERTAKING A BLEACHING
Whitening can cause tooth sensitivity during treatment. Let us know if you have dentin hypersensitivity or have sensitive gums.
If you have gingivitis, periodontitis, or advanced cavities, you should refrain from using this treatment.
The fillings, veneers, and crowns do not change color. If you have this type of restoration, they will surely need to be replaced to eliminate color differences.
Severe discoloration may require much longer treatment.
Smoking should be avoided during and after the procedure.
For lasting results, avoid dark foods and drinks: red wine, coffee, colas, spices.
These procedures cannot be performed on a pregnant or nursing woman.
Bright teeth help build confidence and self-esteem. After your whitening, let’s bet that you will be so good that you will always smile! You should get a beautiful white smile for a wedding or a row of teeth shimmering with the sun for a summer vacation. This is what many Finns think, at least according to the experiences of dentists and dental hygienists. Finns whiten their teeth seasonally, and increasingly men are also hoping for a whiter smile.
But is teeth whitening safe? How much does it cost? And is it profitable at all?
- If you are planning to bleach, you should first go to the dental office to discuss which bleaching method is appropriate, home bleaching or reception bleaching. Of course, the teeth also have to be checked for gingivitis or open holes, says Antti-Jussi Niskanen, a specialist in gum disease.
However, the wishes of the dentist and the client do not always match. If the teeth of the patient shine in vitality white, you can forget about whitening the teeth.
- Many times young people already have really light teeth. Perhaps the wrong image of Hollywood smiles has been obtained and will be fetched, but it cannot be bleached. If the teeth are already so white in principle that no whitening method can make them any lighter, the dentist must tell the client, Niskanen says.
- But if your own teeth are disturbingly discolored and the dentist or dental hygienist realizes that whitening might be helpful, whitening is profitable. If you do not dare to smile and shame your teeth, then bleaching must be done.
Antti-Jussi Niskanen does not recommend teeth whitening for people under 18 years of age, except in extreme cases and even with the permission of parents. Pregnant or breast-feeding women should not be bleached.
The safest bleaching method
The safest way to whiten your teeth is to whiten them at the dentist’s office or at home with dental molds and whiteners. The internet is also full of different bleaching agents, but their safety is not always guaranteed.
Yle Acute – A pretty wild world on the web today. There are certainly some very good substances out there, but certainly, those that are not safe to use warns Antti-Jussi Niskanen.
- However, if you want to buy bleaching products online, you should check that there is a CE mark. It provides some security because then the product has been researched in Europe. Of course, the package should also contain good instructions for use, Niskanen advises.
The clinically effective whitening gels used in tooth whitening contain either hydrogen peroxide or urea peroxide which is converted into hydrogen peroxide. So these are strong gels that must not be misplaced by any means.
- They have been carefully researched and are completely safe to use if used properly, explains Antti-Jussi Niskanen, a specialist in gum disease.
That’s why protection is of paramount importance in teeth whitening. With proper and careful protection of the mouth and mucous membranes, the whitening gel cannot work except on the teeth to be whitened.
- The most bleaching product studied is 10% urea peroxide. If you want to be in completely safe waters, you might want to have a bleaching mold dentist, buy a bleaching gel from a professional and do a home bleaching with this substance, Niskanen says.
The price of a white smile
The price of tooth whitening is often determined by the reception and the location. But what else does the price consist of?
- It’s worth asking the front desk what bleaching means to them. What substances do they do and what is the protocol they use, that is, do they protect the gums and how long does it take to bleach? Sometimes it may come as a surprise to the customer that, for example, fillings or crowns on the front teeth do not lighten with bleach. Thus, it may happen that the old spots remain dark after bleaching and have to be replaced. This easily even doubles the price of bleaching, Antti-Jussi Niskanen advises.
- The final price depends on the reception and who will do the bleaching. In practice, well-done bleaching takes about one and a half hours, maybe more, so the price goes there between 300 euros, 600-700 euros.
Yle AcuteCoffee, tea, red wine, many spices, and cola drinks, for example, are teeth coloring agents. By avoiding these substances, the dentition can remain light without bleaching. Even after bleaching, it is advisable to avoid these substances for at least the next 48 hours to prevent dyes from reintroducing.
- During tooth bleaching, the tooth gets a little dry, and when the water begins to return to the tooth within 48 hours after bleaching, even the coloring agents in the mouth may migrate there, which may not be as good as it could be. Therefore, after bleaching, it is worth a couple of days to prefer fairly colorless food, Niskanen says.
- The power of bleaching will be maintained for years, often in a certain way, for the rest of its life, if done correctly and properly at one time. Age-induced discoloration or discoloration caused by stimulants cannot be prevented, but it is easy to maintain every two to three years, for example by bleaching at home.
Ordinary fluoride toothpaste is best
Whether teeth are bleached or not, everyone should remember to take care of their teeth daily. Brushing your teeth twice a day and brushing your teeth daily can be a sufficient guarantee of a light smile. But it’s not exactly the kind of products that brush your teeth.
- Most whitening toothpaste is those that rub, that is, they remove surface stains from the tooth surface. This type of abrasive toothpaste only consumes tooth enamel. Scratches, minor abrasions, and cracks may appear on the tooth surface, which makes it easier to adhere to any staining agent, ie pastes, which do not smooth the tooth surface.
- So, in practice, you should use a normal fluoride-containing toothpaste, Antti-Jussi Niskanen recommends.